Understanding your Investor Categorisation
CapitalRise only offers investments to the following types of investor:
- Self-certified Sophisticated Investors
- High Net Worth Investors and
- Corporate Investors.
Self-certified Sophisticated Investor
A ‘Self-certified Sophisticated Investor‘ is one that has the knowledge and experience to invest. You can categorise yourself in this category if you have:
- Invested in two or more unlisted companies in the past two years. This includes investments with CapitalRise as well as investments made on platforms such as Seedrs and Crowdcube and also investments into private companies
- been a member of a business angel syndicate or network for at least six months
- worked in the private equity sector or been involved in the financing of small and medium enterprises
- been a director of a company with an annual turnover greater than £1 million in the past two years.
High Net Worth Investor
A ‘High Net Worth Investor’ is anyone who either:
- Earns over £100,000 a year
- has over £250,000 in net assets (this excludes your primary residence and pension)
Once you have reviewed and confirmed your categorisation, we will also ask you to complete a brief investor assessment in order to assess your understanding of the opportunities we offer. You can find out more about it here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via Live Chat on our website or over the phone on 020 3869 2620.